After reading through Mbachu’s thought on ISIS issuing ultimatum to Christians in Iraq, one can easily see argument based on emotion and sentiment rather than reality.
To start with, accusing Islam of Muslims wrong doing is like accusing the whole generation of Igbo for Ojukwu wrong doing of looting Central Bank of Benin during Biafra war after mid-west (old Bendel State) has been subjugated. Obviously, Igbo are among the finest creatures of Supreme Being, Almighty Allah who are neither superior nor inferior to other races. It is, therefore, expedient to establish that argument of this nature should be treated on the basis of its intellectual merit.
ISIS can be critically understudied from History, Sociology and probably International Relation. Yet, none of these backgrounds have been taken into consideration before Mbachu and those who rode on his back of sentiments dabbling into Theology which Islam represents.
HISTORY – ISIS are group of people who claimed to be Muslims with ideological belief of being superior in faith to others. They are arms of Takfiri, Al-Qaeda and others who seek to establish “Islamic Caliphacy” by killing other Muslims that do not share their own worldview.
SOCIOLOGY – ISIS believe that Muslims that do not follow what they hold dear to themselves are misguided and can be justifiably killed. Hence, the killings of Muslims by Takfiri in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and the Boko Haram killing of Muslims in Nigeria (including attempted murder of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi). Christians are also not left out of senseless and inhuman treatments in the hands of these Takfir. This is the same notion of Adolf Hitler (of Nazism) who wanted to establish “political caliphacy” across the whole world. Adolf Hitler was a devout Catholic like Ike Mbachu (sometimes in the past), yet he was never restrain from launching attacks on other European countries (UK, France inclusive) who are predominantly Christians. During this period, 6 million Jews were massacred by German Christians in retaliation of cruxifiction. The same could be said of Benazil Mussolini of Italy. All these historical facts show that there is another dimension to warfare beside Theology which Mbachu has not been able to grasp. When Ojukwu launched a full scale Biafra war, he precipitated his thought on war against “Holy Jihad” launched by Gowon. Here is the excerpt: Chinua Achebe stated in ”There was a Country - A Personal Narrative of Biafra.” that “Throughout the conflict, the Biafran consistently charged that the Nigerians had a design to exterminate the Igbo people from the face of the earth. This calculation, the Biafrans insisted, was predicated on a HOLY JIHAD proclaimed by mainly ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS in the Nigerian Army and supported by policies of economic blockade that prevented shipments of humanitarian aid, food and supplies to the needy in Biafra. THE WARTIME CABINET OF General Gowon, the military ruler, it should also be remembered, was full of intellectuals, like Chief Obafemi Awolowo, among others…..”. The Biafran struggle that led to this declaration was between Ojukwu (Christian) and Yakubu Gowon (Christian). Could it be “Holy Jihad” or suppose to be “Crusade” ? Other major gladiators on the side of Federal Government include Obafemi Awolowo as Vice Chairman (Christian), Generals Benjamin Adekunle (Black Scorpio), Alani Akinrinade, Alabi Isama, Isaac Adaka Boro, Theophilus Danjuma, Olusegun Obasanjo among others. Are these gladiators “Islamic Extremists in the Army” or they are “Christian militias” ? No Sociologists or intellectuals would agree with Mbachu, Ajisafe and others (who seems to hide under the finger of Mbachu’s view) that what happened under Adolf Hitler, Ojukwu and ISIS are religiously motivated.
INTERNATIONAL RELATION – After the full scale US war on Iraq’s Saddam Hussain in 2003 (under the pretence of Nuclear Bomb which no single traces has been found till date), US built the largest embassy outside their country in Iraq with the understanding that Iraq is the 2nd largest producer of Oil in the world. US also signed a security treaty with their puppet government installed in Iraq. Yet, no response has come from US in response to ISIS invasion. Before US invasion in Iraq, Russia and China were the major economic partners with Iraq but both of them were displaced afterwards. On several occasion, the present Iraqi’s president has travelled to US to consolidate his office with Washington. One needs to bring to the memory of Mbachu on these salient questions:
(1) Why is US on the neck of Hamid Kazai (President of Afganistan) to extend the security pact that was entered into after the invasion of Afghanistan in 2001?
(2) The same diplomatic question could be ask about Boko Haram and Samsiba forest that: Why has foreign countries (US, France, China, UK) that were consulted and promised to fish out the Boko Haram and rescue our girls have not make much impact?
(3) Has Mbachu read anything at all about spying activities of NSA on German Chancellor’s phone (Angela Merkel) or he is too busy with “nuptial tie” of honeymoon not to know what is happening in his backyard?
(4) Why is US interested in spying on the activities of 35 world leaders (including Vatican) based on Edward Snowden revelation?
(5) Why is a US placing sanction on Russia and having strategic face-off with China?
THEOLOGY – The Glorious Quran states explicitly that: "Say (to mankind, O Muhammad): "Come (you all), I rehearse what Allah has (really) PROHIBITED you from:
(One) join no partners with Him (in worship);
(Two) be good to your parents;
(Three) kill not your children on a plea of want (I.e abortion): We provide sustenance for you and for them;
(Four) come not near to indecent deeds (e.g fornication/adultery), whether open or secret;
(Five) TAKE NOT (human) LIFE, which Allah has made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He (Allah) command you, that you may learn wisdom" – (Quran 6:151)
Among the numerous teaching of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) called Hadiths, it was stated in some narrartions thus:
(1) The Compassionate One (God) has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on earth, He who is in heaven will show mercy to you.
(2) None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.
(3) He who eats his fill while his neighbor goes to bed without food is not a believer.
(4) The powerful is not he who knocks the other down, indeed the powerful is he who controls himself in a fit of anger.
(5) Allah, the Supreme Being, does not judge you according to your bodies and appearances but he scans your hearts and looks into your deeds.
(6) The best of you is he who is best to his family, and I (Muhammed) am the best among you to my family.
(7) The best of you are those who are best to their women.
(8) The best of Islam is to behave with gentleness and tolerance.
(9) The best people are those most beneficial to other people.
In the Glorious Quran and Hadiths, Almighty Allah describes practicing Muslims based on justice and equity and word “moderate” does not exist as adjective in describing Muslims rather “Muslims” – who submit to will of Allah, “Mumin” – a believer that is pious, “waliy” – a friend of Allah that is pious, “Mujjahid” – a reformer that is pious.
We pray unto Almighty Allah (SW) to count this as an act of ibadah (towards purification of my soul from hatred, intolerance, falsehood and other sins). We besieged Allah to purify the soul of the readers (including Ike Mbachu) so that they see truth as truth and falsehood as falsehood (Amin)